Voluminous is committed to protecting your personal data and it is important to Voluminous to ensure that your personal data is being processed in a secure way. Voluminous uses appropriate technical and organisational measures with respect to the amount and sensitivity of personal data.
Some pages on this website contain links to third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies and Voluminous is not responsible for their operations or their information policies. Any user who sends personal data to or through these third party websites should hence review the privacy policies posted on those websites before any personal data is transferred to them.For information on the collection, handling and storage of information obtained through cookies, see the “Cookies” section below.
According to the general data protection regulation (the “GDPR”), any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person is considered personal data. An identifiable person is someone who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to one or more identifiers such as name, identification number, location data, online identifiers etc.
If you visit Voluminous' website, follow Voluminous on social media, interact with Voluminous in business related matters, e.g. inquiring about services, applying for a position, attend events, or otherwise use the services, you may provide information to Voluminous that is considered as personal data.
The types of personal data that are collected may, depending on the context, include:
• name and job title and company name;
• contact information including address, mobile number and e-mail address;
• personal identity number;
• other information that is relevant for advertisement and/or marketing;
• any information required for Voluminous to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
• details specified in presentations or CV submitted by you; or
• other information that you actively choose to send to Voluminous.
Voluminous may also collect information from the websites you access immediately before and after you visit Voluminous' website; your IP address and browsers used by you when you visit Voluminous' website. If Voluminous uses such data, it will be aggregated.
• any of Voluminous' websites, e.g. when you browse the website or when you sign up to the newsletter;
• when you provide personal data in connection with certain events held by Voluminous;
• if you follow Voluminous on social media, e.g. Facebook, Medium or Twitter; or
• other sources such as publicly accessible registers, eg. in connection with Voluminous' funds’ investments in companies or in connection with corporate governance, election committee work and other appointment work.
Voluminous may use your personal data for a number of different purposes. These are all based on the legal grounds stated in the GDPR. The situations when your personal data may be processed are:
• to carry out any contractual obligations;
• to comply with legal obligations;
• to identify and evaluate investment and exit opportunities;
• to monitor and support portfolio companies;
• to contact you for marketing and administrative purposes (please see below);
• to keep internal records; and
• to administer corporate governance, nomination work and other appointment work, as well as for statistical, follow-up and archiving purposes.
You can always decline to Voluminous' marketing efforts, either directly in the marketing or by contacting Voluminous. All marketing activities are based on the legitimate interest, of Voluminous to provide relevant and suitable marketing and information to you, unless consent is required and in such case, Voluminous will ask you for your consent. You can always withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Voluminous. Please note that if you withdraw your consent Voluminous will no longer be able to provide you the services where consent is required.
Voluminous will store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to initiate, maintain or administrate a business related contact with you or the organisation which you represent.
If there has been a contractual relationship, Voluminous may store your personal data for marketing purposes up to a year afterwards, provided that you have not declined to this.
Voluminous only transfers personal data as described below and only after taking appropriate security measures to protect the data. Voluminous will only disclose your information to the following third parties:
• when required to disclose information according to laws and regulations;
• service providers or within the Voluminous Group or its advisers, agents and/or their employees; and
• when Voluminous considers it necessary to protect the rights and/or property of Voluminous.
Your personal data is an important part of Voluminous' operations and no personal data is sold to anyone.
You have the right to request information about what personal data concerning you Voluminous is processing and how it is being used by contacting Voluminous. You are entitled to request correction of incorrect, incomplete or ambiguous personal data concerning you by contacting Voluminous. For the protection of your privacy and your personal data, Voluminous may require that you identify yourself in connection with exercising your rights.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you also have the right to request that your personal data is erased or that the processing of your personal data is restricted. In certain situations, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and request that your personal data is transmitted in an electronic format (data portability).
You may file a complaint with the The Data Protection Commission (http://www.dataprotection.ie/) if you believe that Voluminous' processing of your personal data is not in accordance with applicable laws.
Voluminous uses session cookies and permanent cookies. A session cookie is sent to your computer so that the webpages can function properly during your visit and is erased when you close down your web browser. The function of a session cookie is for example that it is activated when you return to a previously visited part of the website and thus facilitates your navigation on the website. A permanent cookie, on the other hand, is stored in your web browser and thus allows a web page to recognise your computer’s IP address even if you turn off your computer or log out between visits. The cookie is stored for up to two years and is then deleted.
You can easily refrain from allowing Voluminous' websites to store cookies on your computer with a setting in your web browser, including blocking cookies or erasing any cookies stored on your computer. Please note that if you choose to not allow cookies, some functionality on the websites may cease to function properly and some services may not be provided. How you erase or change the settings for cookies is stated in the instructions to your web browser or in the utility function that usually is available in the web browser.